• The AU Generator variants of the Silent Way DC, Silent Way CV Input, Silent Way LFO and Silent Way Step LFO plug-ins have been replaced by AU Instrument variants, so as to be compatible with AU validation under OS X Lion.
• Added a ‘Reset By Note’ option to Silent Way LFO, allowing the LFO to be reset by incoming MIDI note-on messages.
• Added visual feedback of the LFO’s position in its cycle to Silent Way LFO.
• Added a ‘Create ES-4 Calibration’ button to Silent Way Quantizer, removing the need to load a suitable calibration file when using the Quantizer with the ES-4 module.
• Made a slight adjustment to the ES-4 Controller’s input processing to match that in the Silent Way Voice Controller and Silent Way Quantizer.
Download now from the downloads page. Note that there is an updated version of the user manual for this release.
So far, we have only one reported problem, which is that the AudioUnit validation tool in Lion is objecting to the few Silent Way plug-ins classed as ‘AU Generators’, resulting in Logic objecting to loading them. The plug-ins themselves work fine - it’s just a detail of the validation process that is tripping things up, which is arguably a bug, and we’ve reported it to Apple as such.
So if you use Silent Way and Logic, there seems to be reason to hold off upgrading to Lion. If you use our other plug-ins, or other DAWs, there are no known problems as of now.