The included algorithms are:
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4|
with integer voltage offsets
|Linear/Exponential Converter||Sample and Hold
with noise source and
adjustable slew rate
with through zero frequency control
|2||Four Quadrant Multiplier
with integer multiply/divide
with selectable scales
|Slew Rate Limiter
with linear and
with adjustable hysteresis
|Pitch and Envelope Tracker||VCO with linear FM
sine and saw outputs
|Clockable Delay/Echo||VCO with waveshaping
and pulse outputs
SpecificationsThe Disting's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 53mm
- X & Y inputs, A & B outputs
- Sample rate: 78.125kHz
- ADC: 24 bit, THD+N -93dB, Dynamic range 99dB, SNR 99dB
- DAC: 24 bit, THD+N -94dB, Dynamic range 105dB, SNR 104dB
- Z input sample rate: 10kHz approx
- CPU: Microchip PIC32MX at up to 40MHz
- Current draw: 111mA on the +12V rail, 37mA on the -12V rail (148mA total)
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 10 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
For more detail, please see the user manual.
Disting mk2From May 2015, the disting has been updated to a 'mk2' version. Compared to an original ('mk1') disting, the only change is an increase in the maximum delay time of the Clockable Delay/Echo mode - more than doubled to over 1.6 seconds.
Pricing & AvailablityThe Disting is available now.
HackableThe Disting is based around a PIC microcontroller, with a programming/debug header available on the board. Using Microchip's free development tools a user can easily hack the Disting to perform their own functions.
Below is a (rather long) video introducing the disting in some detail, filmed at a meeting of the London Music Hackspace. You may like to jump in at these times:
- 06:00 - description of the hardware
- 40:45 - description of the open source software framework
- 1:16:45 - compilation of some custom code and seeing how it sounds.