The disting mk4's firmware can be updated using a Micro SD card. The process is as follows:
- Download the firmware from the Expert Sleepers website.
- Unzip the download.
- Copy the file 'image.hex' from the unzipped download to the root folder of a Micro SD card.
- Turn off the disting and insert the Micro SD card into the socket.
- The exposed contacts of the card should face towards the display; the angled side of the card itself points up.
- You are advised to observe basic ESD (electrostatic discharge) precautions - see for example here. Don't be wearing a nylon sweater in an air conditioned room.
- Turn on the disting with the S knob pressed. It will go through the first stage of its startup sequence, showing the bootloader version number.
- Keep the S knob pressed until the message "Confirm..." is shown.
- If at this point the disting shows the message "No firmware found on card", no firmware file could be found on the card. Turn off the power, remove the card and check its contents.
- Release the knob to begin the update process. (If you change your mind and don't want to proceed, simply turn the power off.)
- When the update starts, the display will flash rapidly to indicate progress. Do not remove the card or turn off the power during the update.
- When the update is complete, the disting will show the message "Success" if successful, or "Error:" plus an error code if there was a problem.
- Turn off the disting and turn it back on to resume normal operation.
Note that the Micro SD card needs to be formatted as FAT32 (which is how many of them ship, so chances are you don't need to do anything about this).
Please watch this forum thread for firmware update notifications.
|Version||Release date||Comments||Firmware download||Quick reference||Help|
|4.0||24/11/2015||First release.||Download||Reference Guide||Help files|