Firmware updatesThe FH-1's firmware can be updated from a USB flash drive. The process is as follows:
- Download the firmware from the Expert Sleepers website.
- Unzip the download.
- Copy the file 'image.hex' from the unzipped download to the root folder of a USB flash drive.
- Turn off the FH-1 and insert the USB flash drive.
- Turn on the FH-1. It will go through its startup sequence as above. At the stage where LEDs H/8 flash alternately, if the FH-1 finds a USB flash drive with a file named 'image.hex' on it, it will proceed to the next step.
- LEDs A-H will flash alternately with LEDs 1-8. This indicates the FH-1 is waiting for your confirmation before proceeding. At this point, spinning the encoder will cancel the upgrade process and the FH-1 will continue to boot its current firmware. To continue with the firmware update, press and hold the encoder for one second.
- When the update starts, LED B will light and LEDs 1-8 will flash to indicate progress. Do not remove the flash drive or turn off the power during the update.
- When the update is complete, the FH-1's usual boot process will resume.
Firmware downloadsPlease watch this forum thread for firmware update notifications.
Added a setting for trigger length.
Added a configuration option for polyphonic MIDI/CV converters to prevent voice stealing.
Tempo synced LFOs will now run if the FH-1 is being clocked from its X input, if the "Stop LFOs when clock stopped" option is set.
Sustain now works for 'unison' mode MIDI/CV converters.
Fixed compatibility with High Speed USB devices, notably the Elektron Digitakt.
Added support for sustain in MIDI/CV converters.
Added option for 'gated aftertouch'.
Added 'unison' voice allocation mode.
Added 'note to CC' maps.
Added a CC for direct control over the internal clock's run state.
Added LED feedback for the Launch Control (along the lines of that previously provided for the Launch Control XL).
Improved compatibility with iConnectMIDI interfaces.
Fixed a bug with using portamento and smoothing together.
|1.6||17/11/2016||Added support for release velocity and trigger outputs in the MIDI/CV converters.
Added the 'lowest voice' polyphonic voice allocation scheme.
Added the ability to step through presets via the FH-1 trigger inputs.
Added MIDI System Exclusive functionality - the ability to set CC remapping directly via SysEx, and the ability to load and save scripts via SysEx.
Added the 'FORCE' command in the configuration scripts.
Added a menu command to reboot the FH-1.
Increased compatibility with some USB devices (notably the KMI SoftStep).
Fixed a problem which could cause FH-1 output 1 to glitch if FHX-1 expanders were being used.
The FH-1 no longer generates MIDI clock if it is following MIDI clock; nor will it attempt to follow MIDI clock if it is itself generating MIDI clock.
|1.5||28/1/2016||Added the ability to change settings and perform clock actions via MIDI.
Scripts are now run whever a USB device is attached, not just at power up.
Added the DEV & RST script commands.
Added portamento for monophonic MIDI/CV converters.
Added sequencer glide and gate length parameters.
|1.4||27/11/2015||Added internal clock generator (bpm-based and tap tempo).
Added special purpose outputs.
Added setting to disable tempo-synced LFOs when clock is stopped.
Fixed a bug in LFO speeds above CC value 120.
Fixed a bug which caused sequencer A's outputs to update in response to CCs setting sequencer B's steps.
Changed maximum polyphony to 16 (from 4).
Whitespace in configuration scripts is now ignored.
Added support for raw MIDI in configuration scripts.
|1.3||2/10/2015||Added global transpose setting.
Added setting to disable device-specific modes.
Added inverted gate option in configuration scripts.
Added optimisations for the LinnStrument.
Added support for the Launchpad Pro.
|1.2||19/8/2015||Added configuration scripts.
Added setting for preset to load at startup.
|1.1||20/7/2015||Added legato velocity setting.
Added LFO phase controls.
Added scales to the sequencer.
Added reset menus.
Added LFO noise and random waveforms.
|1.0||2/7/2015||Same as 0.4. This version was programmed onto the first production run of FH-1s.|
|0.4||24/6/2015||Fixed possible crash when connecting clock input.
Added MIDI clock in and out.
|0.3||19/6/2015||Implemented notes on channels 9, 10, 11 & 15.
Added setting for pitch bend depth.
|0.2||18/6/2015||Fixed preset load & save||Download|