- two souped-up disting mk4s, or as
- a single powerful module in its own right.
Brand new features for the disting EX include an eight voice polyphonic sample (WAV) player, a powerful stereo tape delay (based on our own Augustus Loop), and a dedicated WAV recorder mode. Since launch, new features have been added including a full-featured polysynth and a granulator.
When acting as two disting mk4s, the disting EX offers these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
The disting EX's MicroSD card contains 44 sets of WAVs specially prepared for the disting EX from the Spitfire LABS sample sets - almost 5GB of samples in total - and a discount code redeemable against any of Spitfire's libraries.
The disting EX's MicroSD card contains 27 sets of WAVs from Goldbaby's "free stuff" page, ready formatted for use by the module.
Launch event video
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 229mA on the +12V rail, 50mA on the -12V rail
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Header for 5-pin DIN MIDI via a compatible breakout.
- Header for connecting FHX-8CV or FHX-8GT expanders.
- Header for connecting an ES-5 expander.
- Header for an I2C bus connection to compatible devices (e.g. the 16n Faderbank)
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
Pricing & Availablity
MSRP: UK £299 (inc VAT), US $349 (exclusive of sales tax), EU €289.92 (exclusive of VAT)
For purchasing links, please see where to buy.