The user manual for the disting EX is available in pdf form. Please choose the manual corresponding to your firmware version below.
|Version||Release date||Comments||Firmware download||User manual|
- Added the Poly Exciter algorithm.
- Added the Quad Envelope algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.20.
- In the SD 6 Triggers algorithm, pressing 'R' while choosing a sample now triggers playback of that sample.
- Added new stereo+mono output assignments to the SD 6 Triggers algorithm.
- Added new arpeggiator patterns to the SD Multisample and Poly Wavetable algorithms.
- Added the ability to enable Chord mode on a per gate basis to the SD Multisample and Poly Wavetable algorithms.
- Added support for specifying the sample folder on a per gate basis to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added the 'Pitch quantize' parameter to the Granulator algorithm.
- Added MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) support to the MIDI/CV and Programmable Quantizer algorithms.
- Added I2C support for dual mode operations (parameters, algorithms, presets, etc.).
- Optimised the case where both sides are running Audio Playback algorithms, significantly reducing triggering latency.
- Dual mode presets now store whether the Z knob has been overridden by MIDI.
- Added functions to save and load all dual mode presets to/from the SD card.
- Added support for viewing and editing Mappings via the preset editor tool.
- Added an option for stereo operation to the Bit Crusher algorithm.
- Added new modes to the Dual Sample and Hold algorithm which use Z as the signal to be sampled and X & Y as the sample triggers.
- Fixed a problem where the Dual Sample and Hold algorithm wouldn't use its custom Z press behaviour by default.
- Fixed a problem with the Round Robin logic in the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Fixed a problem in the Poly Wavetable algorithm which could result in incorrect envelopes if notes were being stolen.
- Fixed a problem where running the Dual VCO algorithm on the right side could cause audio glitches on the left side.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the module to hang when reading from the SD card.
- The dual mode Clock algorithm no longer sends MIDI clock if the MIDI TX channel is set to 0 (Off) in the settings.
- When loading a preset, the SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms no longer reload the samples if the preset being loaded uses the same sample folder as the current one. Likewise for the Poly Wavetable algorithm and the current wavetable.
- Added a 'MIDI out channel' parameter to the MIDI File Playback algorithms.
- Fixed a problem which could result in erroneous output if both sides were running a MIDI File Playback algorithm.
- Fixed the 'Load all from SD card' and 'Save all to SD card' functions for Mappings.
- Fixed a problem which could result in the settings becoming corrupted.
- Added the Multi FX algorithm.
- Added the Oscilloscope algorithm.
- Added the 'Gate offset' parameter to the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- Added the 'Clocks required' parameter to the Augustus Loop algorithm.
- Added the 'Reverse' parameter to the Granulator algorithm.
- Added 'Start offset' parameters to the SD 6 Triggers algorithm.
- Added 'I2C learn' (like MIDI learn, for I2C).
- Added the 'Enable High Speed SD' setting.
- Added the 'Wake on MIDI/I2C' setting.
- Added an 'Ignore' option to the 'Program Change Option' setting.
- Some parameters, notably the sample folders in the SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms, and the wavetable in the Poly Wavetable and Dream Machine algorithms, now wait for the user to confirm their choice (by pressing the encoder) before changing.
- The Looper algorithm now stores the loop play/reverse/octave down states in its presets.
- Modified the 'G' in the large font used by the quantizer algorithms to make it more distinct from the 'C'.
- In dual mode, the help texts for the two sides now have independent scroll positions.
- Dual mode algorithms now send MIDI CCs on parameter changes and preset loads (if enabled in the settings).
- Processing of MIDI 'soft thru' now continues at all times (rather than stopping e.g. during WAV folder load).
- Single mode presets now store which parameter was active when stored.
- Fixed a problem in the SD Multisample algorithm where the Transpose and Octave parameters would not be correctly applied to notes triggered by MIDI.
- Fixed a problem in the Dream Machine algorithm where setting the numerator and denominator parameters via MIDI would produce unpredictable results.
- Fixed the Quantizer 2 algorithm's response to MIDI.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI CCs sent on parameter changes would not match the CC values required to put the parameter back to the same value.
- Fixed an issue in the SD Multisample algorithm where very short notes could end up with no decay envelope applied.
- Auto-save is now prevented in the Poly Wavetable algorithm while notes are playing.
- Fixed the Filter Bank algorithm, which was completely broken unless its VCAs were in use.
- Added the Granulator algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware versions 4.18 and 4.19.
- Added MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) support to the SD Multisample and Poly Wavetable algorithms (compatible with MTS-ESP).
- Added the option to send MIDI CCs when changing parameters or loading presets (to update contollers or editors).
- Added dual mode algorithms equivalent to the disting mk4's Stereo Clockable SD Delay algorithms (with the same functionality, but not using the SD card). Since these use slots K-7 and K-8, the disting EX 24dB/oct VCF algorithm is moved from K-8 to K-6.
- Added the 'Output mode' parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added the 'LFO retrigger' and 'LFO spread' parameters to the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- When a preset is loaded or saved, the top line of the display now shows the preset name instead of the algorithm name, until the preset is edited.
- Added the option of using the 'L' and 'R' buttons to step between presets for the current algorithm.
- Added functions to save all presets as individual files to a folder on the SD card, and to load presets files from a folder and install them in flash.
- Added a function to erase a preset in flash.
- Added MIDI activity indicators to the default single mode display.
- Added an 'output key' display to complement the existing 'input key' (when holding 'V').
- Added the 'Gate CV threshold' setting.
- Added a setting so that when a parameter is mapped using MIDI learn, any other mappings using that CC are disabled.
- Dual mode algorithms with Tap Tempo (the Clockable LFO, Delays, and Envelopes) now store the tapped tempo in presets (including the autosaved state).
- The MIDI Playback algorithms no longer output MIDI if the MIDI transmit channel is set to zero.
- Fixed the 'Save all presets to SD card' function, which was only saving the first 31 presets.
- Fixed a problem which could cause all kinds of insiduous failures but mostly was responsible for SD playback modes stuttering and breaking up.
- Fixed a problem in the Poly Wavetable algorithm where adjusting release time while notes were playing could result in the currently playing notes having extremely long release times.
- Fixed a problem when loading a preset for the Poly Wavetable algorithm where it would not correctly resolve the wavetable if the contents of the wavetables folder differed from when the preset was saved.
- Fixed a problem where loading a mapping for the Poly Wavetable algorithm would disable some CV mappings.
- Fixed a problem where the Quantizer 2 algorithm could crash with an out-of-range scale parameter.
- Fixed a problem where all WAV playback algorithms (single and dual) could crash or start producing garbage after a short while, or when selecting a new sample folder.
- Fixed a problem in the Clock algorithm where the analogue outputs would stop working after some minutes.
- Fixed a crash when loading the Poly Wavetable algorithm after the SD 6 Triggers algorithm was previously used.
- Fixed preset loading for the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- In the Augustus Loop algorithm, fixed the delay time changing when 'Inertia free' was activated.
- Wavetable algorithms now support 32 bit float format WAV files, and default to interpreting single file wavetables as having a 2048 frame wavelength if the file is a multiple of 2048 frames in length. (Together, these changes mean that Serum format wavetables are natively supported.)
- The Poly Wavetable algorithm now supports tap tempo of its delay time.
- Control of certain parameters (notably the delay time for the Poly Wavetable algorithm) is now exponential when controlled via the R knob or via MIDI CC.
- The three Reverb algorithms are now smooth when their Size parameters are changed, and the quality of the Freeze function is improved.
- Algorithm help text can now be scrolled with 'R', and there is a graphical indicator of the current scroll position.
- Fixed a problem where the help text for some algorithms was truncated.
- Fixed the CV control of Feedback in the Mono-to-Stereo Reverb algorithm.
- Added the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- Added the 24dB/oct VCF algorithm.
- The Side-chain Compressor and Mono Compressor algorithms can now mix the side-chain signal into the outputs.
- Increased the range of the offset and attenuverter parameters of the Shift Register Random CVs and Shift Register Random Quantized CVs algorithms.
- The 'Overdub fade' parameter of the Looper algorithm now goes down to –∞dB, effectively allowing 'replace' instead of 'overdub'.
- Added the 'Lock range' parameter to the Looper algorithm.
- It is now possible retrigger loops in the Looper algorithm without first pausing them.
- Added a 'Transpose limit' setting for the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added 'MIDI learn' for setting up MIDI mappings.
- Added a SysEx interface to parameter discovery and editing, allowing remote preset editing over MIDI.
- Added a 'Chromatic' scale type for the SD Multisample algorithm and fixed the 'Natural Minor' scale so playing notes actually in the scale produces the correct result.
- A preset can now store the index of a mapping to load automatically when the preset is loaded.
- The 'Show MIDI history' display now shows all messages (was previously blank for clock etc.).
- When selecting dual mode parameters via encoder push-hold-turn, the display now remains in zoom mode as long as the encoder is held.
- Fixed a bug in the Wavetable VCO, Dual VCO, Pulsar VCO, and Dream Machine algorithms which would cause unpleasant aliasing distortion, especially at high pitches.
- Fixed a possible crash when switching from dual to single mode.
- Fixed a bug in the MIDI File Playback algorithms which could corrupt playback of files over a certain size.
- Added the Dual VCO algorithm.
- Added quick access to dual mode help text, and added a single screen input/output summary for all dual algorithms.
- Added the auto-save feature.
- Added support for 'smpl' chunks in WAV files to define loop points.
- Added graphical visualisation to the Shift Register Random algorithms.
- Added the 'FM Range' parameter to the Dream Machine algorithm.
- Added support for changing presets via MIDI Program Change, and for changing algorithms via Program Change or CC messages.
- Added support for forwarding incoming MIDI from the breakout to the Select Bus.
- Added the 'oct->semi' quantization mode to the Matrix Mixer algorithm.
- The SD Multisample & SD 6 Triggers algorithms now support up to 1000 folders.
- The SD Multisample algorithm's 'Input mode' parameter can now be set to zero.
- Increased the Four Quadrant Multiplier algorithm's maximum scale factor to 16.
- The 'Z Mode' parameter of the CV To MIDI algorithm now goes up to 127.
- Fixed an issue in the SD 6 Triggers algorithm where disabled voices could still be triggered by MIDI.
- Fixed a problem where the module would hang when parsing WAV filename flags with two digits (e.g. '_RR10' for round robin).
- Fixed a problem in the Shift Register Random CVs & Shift Register Random Quantized CVs algorithms where setting the length to 32 and direction to 1 would produce the wrong result.
- Added the Dream Machine algorithm.
- Added the Filter Bank algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.17 (so adding the Rotary and Clock algorithms).
- Added the Looper 'Octave down' function.
- Added Looper-specific i2c messages.
- Added hysteresis to knob mappings to avoid jittery behaviour.
- Added settings to enable automatic switching of the current parameter to the one being changed by MIDI or i2c.
- All MIDI transmit channel settings can now be set to 'Off'.
- All single mode algorithms that respond to MIDI notes can now be set to ignore them.
- The dual mode Quantizer algorithm now uses the MIDI receive channel from the settings.
- Reduced the default fadeOut setting for the SD 6 Triggers algorithm (to reduce trigger latency).
- Fixed a problem where changing loop gains in the Looper algorithm could result in zipper noise.
- Fixed a problem where parameters changed by i2c would not immediately take effect.
- Fixed a problem in the SD Multisample algorithm where voice allocation could produce unexpected results when using multiple CV/gate inputs.
- Significantly reduced aliasing distortion in the Wavetable VCO algorithm when generating high pitches.
- Added a graphical view of the current waveform for all wavetable-based algorithms.
- The Looper 'reverse' function now applies only to the targeted loop(s).
- Fixed a problem where the Looper would incorrectly load WAVs when operating in stereo.
- Fixed a problem where the Looper's pitch would fluctuate unexpectedly.
- Fixed a problem where the Quantizer 2 algorithm's pattern would not be preserved when saving/loading presets.
- Fixed a problem where the module would freeze when entering the MIDI Playback algorithms with no MIDI files on the SD card.
- Added the Looper algorithm.
- Added the Multi-Switch algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.16 (so adding the Chaos algorithm).
- Added a much more thorough i2c implementation.
- The SD 6 Triggers algorithm can now be triggered by MIDI notes.
- The SD 6 Triggers algorithm now emits end-of-sample triggers via an attached ES-5.
- Added the "Normalisation" parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- The SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms now set the relevant parameter maximums to reflect the number of folders/WAV files, improving usability of the R knob for selecting folders/files.
- The WAV Recorder now sends a MIDI note off if auto-sampling is cancelled.
- Improved the smoothness of gain changes when using the Dry and Effect gain parameters in the Augustus Loop algorithm.
- Added the "Default first CC" setting.
- Added a setting for how much the R knob needs to move to take over menu or parameter value changes.
- Improved the smoothness of the L & R knobs (in single mode).
- Wavetable algorithms can now load stereo or 24 bit WAVs (ignoring the right channel/low 8 bits).
- If a dual preset uses a Favourite, the algorithm name is now correctly shown when browsing presets.
- Fixed an issue where the preset name would not be loaded when loading a dual preset.
- Fixed an issue where the Z function would not be restored properly when loading a dual preset.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when both dual algorithms were audio playback algorithms.
- Fixed a crash when there were more than 100 wavetable folders.
- Fixed a rare display corruption issue.
- Added support for up to 6 channel recordings in the WAV Recorder algorithm, and added a graphical display of SD card write pressure.
- Added the 'auto-sampler' to the WAV Recorder algorithm.
- Added support for microtonal scales (using Scala) to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added the 'Auto-change startup preset' and 'Auto-save when changing algorithm' settings.
- Increased the length of the filename displayed by the wavetable algorithms.
- Changed the default MIDI CC mapping for single algorithms to start at CC #7.
- Fixed problems with stuck or untriggerable notes in the SD Multisample algorithm, especially when chord mode was active.
- Fixed a problem where the Z knobs would not work in dual mode.
- Fixed a crash when entering any of the dual mode wavetable algorithms without wavetables on the SD card, and when entering the Programmable Quantizer algorithm without scales on the SD card.
- Fixed a problem where the display could become corrupt in the quantizer algorithms if the quantized input was changing too rapidly.
- Dual mode algorithms that send MIDI now correctly use the MIDI channel from the settings.
- Fixed a crash when a folder had more than the expected number of WAV files in it.
- Fixed a possible crash and SD card corruption when adding a new file to the card.
- Fixed a crash in the Wavetable Waveshaper algorithm when processing large input voltages.
- Fixed a crash in the Granular Pitch Shifter algorithm when the pitch was set very high.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.15 (so adding the Granular Pitch Shifter algorithm).
- Fixed a problem where WAV files containing lots of metadata would cause audio playback algorithms to take an extremely long time to scan folders.
- Added the 'Gate offset' parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Fixed audio corruption while loading presets from the MicroSD card.
- Fixed a problem where the sample folder would be scanned twice when switching presets in the SD Multisample or SD 6 Triggers algorithms.
- Fixed some problems with the sustain feature in the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Changed the WAV Recorder defaults to 48kHz/16 bit.