The user manual for the disting EX is available in pdf form. Please choose the manual corresponding to your firmware version below.
|Version||Release date||Comments||Firmware download||User manual|
- Added the Multi FX algorithm.
- Added the Oscilloscope algorithm.
- Added the 'Gate offset' parameter to the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- Added the 'Clocks required' parameter to the Augustus Loop algorithm.
- Added the 'Reverse' parameter to the Granulator algorithm.
- Added 'Start offset' parameters to the SD 6 Triggers algorithm.
- Added 'I2C learn' (like MIDI learn, for I2C).
- Added the 'Enable High Speed SD' setting.
- Added the 'Wake on MIDI/I2C' setting.
- Added an 'Ignore' option to the 'Program Change Option' setting.
- Some parameters, notably the sample folders in the SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms, and the wavetable in the Poly Wavetable and Dream Machine algorithms, now wait for the user to confirm their choice (by pressing the encoder) before changing.
- The Looper algorithm now stores the loop play/reverse/octave down states in its presets.
- Modified the 'G' in the large font used by the quantizer algorithms to make it more distinct from the 'C'.
- In dual mode, the help texts for the two sides now have independent scroll positions.
- Dual mode algorithms now send MIDI CCs on parameter changes and preset loads (if enabled in the settings).
- Processing of MIDI 'soft thru' now continues at all times (rather than stopping e.g. during WAV folder load).
- Single mode presets now store which parameter was active when stored.
- Fixed a problem in the SD Multisample algorithm where the Transpose and Octave parameters would not be correctly applied to notes triggered by MIDI.
- Fixed a problem in the Dream Machine algorithm where setting the numerator and denominator parameters via MIDI would produce unpredictable results.
- Fixed the Quantizer 2 algorithm's response to MIDI.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI CCs sent on parameter changes would not match the CC values required to put the parameter back to the same value.
- Fixed an issue in the SD Multisample algorithm where very short notes could end up with no decay envelope applied.
- Auto-save is now prevented in the Poly Wavetable algorithm while notes are playing.
- Fixed the Filter Bank algorithm, which was completely broken unless its VCAs were in use.
- Added the Granulator algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware versions 4.18 and 4.19.
- Added MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard) support to the SD Multisample and Poly Wavetable algorithms (compatible with MTS-ESP).
- Added the option to send MIDI CCs when changing parameters or loading presets (to update contollers or editors).
- Added dual mode algorithms equivalent to the disting mk4's Stereo Clockable SD Delay algorithms (with the same functionality, but not using the SD card). Since these use slots K-7 and K-8, the disting EX 24dB/oct VCF algorithm is moved from K-8 to K-6.
- Added the 'Output mode' parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added the 'LFO retrigger' and 'LFO spread' parameters to the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- When a preset is loaded or saved, the top line of the display now shows the preset name instead of the algorithm name, until the preset is edited.
- Added the option of using the 'L' and 'R' buttons to step between presets for the current algorithm.
- Added functions to save all presets as individual files to a folder on the SD card, and to load presets files from a folder and install them in flash.
- Added a function to erase a preset in flash.
- Added MIDI activity indicators to the default single mode display.
- Added an 'output key' display to complement the existing 'input key' (when holding 'V').
- Added the 'Gate CV threshold' setting.
- Added a setting so that when a parameter is mapped using MIDI learn, any other mappings using that CC are disabled.
- Dual mode algorithms with Tap Tempo (the Clockable LFO, Delays, and Envelopes) now store the tapped tempo in presets (including the autosaved state).
- The MIDI Playback algorithms no longer output MIDI if the MIDI transmit channel is set to zero.
- Fixed the 'Save all presets to SD card' function, which was only saving the first 31 presets.
- Fixed a problem which could cause all kinds of insiduous failures but mostly was responsible for SD playback modes stuttering and breaking up.
- Fixed a problem in the Poly Wavetable algorithm where adjusting release time while notes were playing could result in the currently playing notes having extremely long release times.
- Fixed a problem when loading a preset for the Poly Wavetable algorithm where it would not correctly resolve the wavetable if the contents of the wavetables folder differed from when the preset was saved.
- Fixed a problem where loading a mapping for the Poly Wavetable algorithm would disable some CV mappings.
- Fixed a problem where the Quantizer 2 algorithm could crash with an out-of-range scale parameter.
- Fixed a problem where all WAV playback algorithms (single and dual) could crash or start producing garbage after a short while, or when selecting a new sample folder.
- Fixed a problem in the Clock algorithm where the analogue outputs would stop working after some minutes.
- Fixed a crash when loading the Poly Wavetable algorithm after the SD 6 Triggers algorithm was previously used.
- Fixed preset loading for the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- In the Augustus Loop algorithm, fixed the delay time changing when 'Inertia free' was activated.
- Wavetable algorithms now support 32 bit float format WAV files, and default to interpreting single file wavetables as having a 2048 frame wavelength if the file is a multiple of 2048 frames in length. (Together, these changes mean that Serum format wavetables are natively supported.)
- The Poly Wavetable algorithm now supports tap tempo of its delay time.
- Control of certain parameters (notably the delay time for the Poly Wavetable algorithm) is now exponential when controlled via the R knob or via MIDI CC.
- The three Reverb algorithms are now smooth when their Size parameters are changed, and the quality of the Freeze function is improved.
- Algorithm help text can now be scrolled with 'R', and there is a graphical indicator of the current scroll position.
- Fixed a problem where the help text for some algorithms was truncated.
- Fixed the CV control of Feedback in the Mono-to-Stereo Reverb algorithm.
- Added the Poly Wavetable algorithm.
- Added the 24dB/oct VCF algorithm.
- The Side-chain Compressor and Mono Compressor algorithms can now mix the side-chain signal into the outputs.
- Increased the range of the offset and attenuverter parameters of the Shift Register Random CVs and Shift Register Random Quantized CVs algorithms.
- The 'Overdub fade' parameter of the Looper algorithm now goes down to –∞dB, effectively allowing 'replace' instead of 'overdub'.
- Added the 'Lock range' parameter to the Looper algorithm.
- It is now possible retrigger loops in the Looper algorithm without first pausing them.
- Added a 'Transpose limit' setting for the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added 'MIDI learn' for setting up MIDI mappings.
- Added a SysEx interface to parameter discovery and editing, allowing remote preset editing over MIDI.
- Added a 'Chromatic' scale type for the SD Multisample algorithm and fixed the 'Natural Minor' scale so playing notes actually in the scale produces the correct result.
- A preset can now store the index of a mapping to load automatically when the preset is loaded.
- The 'Show MIDI history' display now shows all messages (was previously blank for clock etc.).
- When selecting dual mode parameters via encoder push-hold-turn, the display now remains in zoom mode as long as the encoder is held.
- Fixed a bug in the Wavetable VCO, Dual VCO, Pulsar VCO, and Dream Machine algorithms which would cause unpleasant aliasing distortion, especially at high pitches.
- Fixed a possible crash when switching from dual to single mode.
- Fixed a bug in the MIDI File Playback algorithms which could corrupt playback of files over a certain size.
- Added the Dual VCO algorithm.
- Added quick access to dual mode help text, and added a single screen input/output summary for all dual algorithms.
- Added the auto-save feature.
- Added support for 'smpl' chunks in WAV files to define loop points.
- Added graphical visualisation to the Shift Register Random algorithms.
- Added the 'FM Range' parameter to the Dream Machine algorithm.
- Added support for changing presets via MIDI Program Change, and for changing algorithms via Program Change or CC messages.
- Added support for forwarding incoming MIDI from the breakout to the Select Bus.
- Added the 'oct->semi' quantization mode to the Matrix Mixer algorithm.
- The SD Multisample & SD 6 Triggers algorithms now support up to 1000 folders.
- The SD Multisample algorithm's 'Input mode' parameter can now be set to zero.
- Increased the Four Quadrant Multiplier algorithm's maximum scale factor to 16.
- The 'Z Mode' parameter of the CV To MIDI algorithm now goes up to 127.
- Fixed an issue in the SD 6 Triggers algorithm where disabled voices could still be triggered by MIDI.
- Fixed a problem where the module would hang when parsing WAV filename flags with two digits (e.g. '_RR10' for round robin).
- Fixed a problem in the Shift Register Random CVs & Shift Register Random Quantized CVs algorithms where setting the length to 32 and direction to 1 would produce the wrong result.
- Added the Dream Machine algorithm.
- Added the Filter Bank algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.17 (so adding the Rotary and Clock algorithms).
- Added the Looper 'Octave down' function.
- Added Looper-specific i2c messages.
- Added hysteresis to knob mappings to avoid jittery behaviour.
- Added settings to enable automatic switching of the current parameter to the one being changed by MIDI or i2c.
- All MIDI transmit channel settings can now be set to 'Off'.
- All single mode algorithms that respond to MIDI notes can now be set to ignore them.
- The dual mode Quantizer algorithm now uses the MIDI receive channel from the settings.
- Reduced the default fadeOut setting for the SD 6 Triggers algorithm (to reduce trigger latency).
- Fixed a problem where changing loop gains in the Looper algorithm could result in zipper noise.
- Fixed a problem where parameters changed by i2c would not immediately take effect.
- Fixed a problem in the SD Multisample algorithm where voice allocation could produce unexpected results when using multiple CV/gate inputs.
- Significantly reduced aliasing distortion in the Wavetable VCO algorithm when generating high pitches.
- Added a graphical view of the current waveform for all wavetable-based algorithms.
- The Looper 'reverse' function now applies only to the targeted loop(s).
- Fixed a problem where the Looper would incorrectly load WAVs when operating in stereo.
- Fixed a problem where the Looper's pitch would fluctuate unexpectedly.
- Fixed a problem where the Quantizer 2 algorithm's pattern would not be preserved when saving/loading presets.
- Fixed a problem where the module would freeze when entering the MIDI Playback algorithms with no MIDI files on the SD card.
- Added the Looper algorithm.
- Added the Multi-Switch algorithm.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.16 (so adding the Chaos algorithm).
- Added a much more thorough i2c implementation.
- The SD 6 Triggers algorithm can now be triggered by MIDI notes.
- The SD 6 Triggers algorithm now emits end-of-sample triggers via an attached ES-5.
- Added the "Normalisation" parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- The SD Multisample and SD 6 Triggers algorithms now set the relevant parameter maximums to reflect the number of folders/WAV files, improving usability of the R knob for selecting folders/files.
- The WAV Recorder now sends a MIDI note off if auto-sampling is cancelled.
- Improved the smoothness of gain changes when using the Dry and Effect gain parameters in the Augustus Loop algorithm.
- Added the "Default first CC" setting.
- Added a setting for how much the R knob needs to move to take over menu or parameter value changes.
- Improved the smoothness of the L & R knobs (in single mode).
- Wavetable algorithms can now load stereo or 24 bit WAVs (ignoring the right channel/low 8 bits).
- If a dual preset uses a Favourite, the algorithm name is now correctly shown when browsing presets.
- Fixed an issue where the preset name would not be loaded when loading a dual preset.
- Fixed an issue where the Z function would not be restored properly when loading a dual preset.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when both dual algorithms were audio playback algorithms.
- Fixed a crash when there were more than 100 wavetable folders.
- Fixed a rare display corruption issue.
- Added support for up to 6 channel recordings in the WAV Recorder algorithm, and added a graphical display of SD card write pressure.
- Added the 'auto-sampler' to the WAV Recorder algorithm.
- Added support for microtonal scales (using Scala) to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Added the 'Auto-change startup preset' and 'Auto-save when changing algorithm' settings.
- Increased the length of the filename displayed by the wavetable algorithms.
- Changed the default MIDI CC mapping for single algorithms to start at CC #7.
- Fixed problems with stuck or untriggerable notes in the SD Multisample algorithm, especially when chord mode was active.
- Fixed a problem where the Z knobs would not work in dual mode.
- Fixed a crash when entering any of the dual mode wavetable algorithms without wavetables on the SD card, and when entering the Programmable Quantizer algorithm without scales on the SD card.
- Fixed a problem where the display could become corrupt in the quantizer algorithms if the quantized input was changing too rapidly.
- Dual mode algorithms that send MIDI now correctly use the MIDI channel from the settings.
- Fixed a crash when a folder had more than the expected number of WAV files in it.
- Fixed a possible crash and SD card corruption when adding a new file to the card.
- Fixed a crash in the Wavetable Waveshaper algorithm when processing large input voltages.
- Fixed a crash in the Granular Pitch Shifter algorithm when the pitch was set very high.
- Incorporated disting mk4 firmware version 4.15 (so adding the Granular Pitch Shifter algorithm).
- Fixed a problem where WAV files containing lots of metadata would cause audio playback algorithms to take an extremely long time to scan folders.
- Added the 'Gate offset' parameter to the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Fixed audio corruption while loading presets from the MicroSD card.
- Fixed a problem where the sample folder would be scanned twice when switching presets in the SD Multisample or SD 6 Triggers algorithms.
- Fixed some problems with the sustain feature in the SD Multisample algorithm.
- Changed the WAV Recorder defaults to 48kHz/16 bit.